De Fide Young Adult Ministry
De Fide is a ministry dedicated to bringing young adults closer to the Heart of The Church. We commit to:
- Strive to grow continually closer to Christ through frequent prayer, adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, participation in the holy sacrifice of the Mass, and devotion to the Blessed Mother
- Value every human life as “fearfully and wonderfully made” in the image of God
- Be committed to the continual study and proclamation of the Word of God
- Actively participate in Christ’s Sacraments, focusing chiefly on the Blessed Sacrament through which the “renovation of the world” will be brought about.
- Passionately share in the Church’s commitment to the ministry of charity
- Be faithfully devoted to the understanding and promotion of the teachings of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Promote fellowship, grounded in The Church, that we will be “mutually encouraged by one another’s faith”
Frequently Asked Questions
What does De Fide do?
DeFide is an awesome opportunity to gather, to share, to learn more about our faith, and grow deeper in our relationship with the Lord and each other. WE meet in the Conference Room of the new parish office, and child care is provided in the nearby nursery!!. You will be provided with any materials you might need, but feel free to bring your Bible and a friend! We can’t wait to see you all.
Upper Room: Young Adults host a beautiful way to experience Adoration in the Chapel of the main Church. Join us for a chance to embrace the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, to be led in praise and worship, and to listen to the Word of God. Social time will follow. We also hold social nights at Red Door Wine Market and Beef O’Brady’s, and participate in service such as Paint Your Heart Out Lakeland, Talbot House and 40-hour Adoration for Life.
How can I get involved?
Contact Elizabeth Tompkins at email@example.com and “like” our Facebook Page to receive invitations to each of our events. You are always welcome, and bring a friend!